Sunday, May 16, 2004

Date with Lydia

Lydia already told you the specifics on what a wild and crazy group we were. A grand time was had by all. Lydia and I both looked wonderful all dressed up in our Cinderella clothes. Told Lydia she is the first true adult date I have ever had seeing as how I have been married since I wa a child. I primped more more my my date with Lydia than I have in recent history for anyone else, husband included. Les was the perfect gentleman catering to our whims and driving us wherever we wanted to go, and never complained once, Gotta love them sometimes.

New art studio "Artwerks" is very nice and Jeffrey was a doll,would love to set up my studio there but it is a tad pricey and as Les said being as open as it is I would probably offend someone throwing half naked covered in mud. As pretty and clean as the place is I am not sure they have totally thought through the idea of having a potter in the main room. And the weaver would probably not appreciate the dust created by hundreds of pounds of clay. Still if they would consider letting me set up in the back room it might be worth considering, going to talk to Jeffrey later this week about possiblities. The thought of paying the money has however inspired he hubby to consider harder about setting it up in my garage so hopefully soon I will be back in production one way or another. I can't wait.

As Lydia said it is always inspiring when seeing the prices on the art and going I can do that. The exceptions to this for me were the weaver who does beautiful work on a great big huge loom. Always wanted to try one but Iam sure I would end up trapped in the warp unable to extriate myself. Don't have the patience for that anyway. My favorite pieces were digitized, overlaid and transformed Nudes. The Pictures were fantastic and If was spending money as in if I had any to spend I would have taken the whole collection home. Clay Garden pavers were very cool nice think large square brick looking thinks with various impressions (The rake look as Lydia describes it) But 4000.00 for 16 of them was a bit out of my range and yes I could make them myself. Had a solid glass lamp I really wanted. Some of the other photography was nice Painting were mostly impressionistic and other than the one that we couldn't decide whether it was an armadillo road kill or a native caught in a red tide worldpool they didn't particularly float my boat. I am more of a realist in my painting taste. (Pedestrian of me I know)
Lamps were okay but I kept thinking the gauzy fabric would be a fire hazard. I didn't sample the wine, as Lydia mentioned Les and I are lightweights when it comes to drinking but the browies cakes and cookies all looked lovely and the brownie I sampled was very nummy. Overall A nice place and I will definately go back and visit even if I don't have a studio there. Corpus Christi Needs more places like it.

In case I ever had any real doubts (which I didn't) Lydia will make a fine addition the the old ladies at the farmhouse. Dona is going to eventually get annoyed at all the women I invite to grow old on her farm but she would love all of them. So it will be okay really just come on down. Lydia is not quite sure about believing in magic but my husband did affirm that I have my magical moments. If Lydia hangs around long enough I am sure she will discover that the magic is everywhere you just have to pay attention and use it.

Came home much later than I had planned and I didn't get any pictures for Darrel since we changed for the beach and Dennys. BTW Those shorts weren't too small they are made to be that short, thats the whole reason I bought them. Lydia also declared Les' tea evil due to sugar content. I guess not everybody likes their tea to taste like cotton candy like I do. Have to cut the Pau d'Arco with something.

Even after the large dinner at Dennys I too was handily played with by the hubby,
Maybe we should go out more often. As for your thoughts about Gay marriage I think you said it beautifully, and I agree with every word.

Tired now went to the beach this afternoon and I need to go to bed.
Thanks for the wonderful time Lydia and I am sure we will do it again. At least I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home