Monday, May 03, 2004

Door Handle Dilemma\Kelly's Freaky Car Habits\Lydia Is Still In A Foul Mood!

Kelly and I went to a junk yard and no luck on the handles. Then we went to an auto parts store (I waited in the truck with the kids). When he came out he said that they could order them and that they were only fifteen bucks each. Asked him if he ordered them. Of course he did not. Guess he wants to wait till he gets back next time to order them if he gets around to it. The second he leaves I will order them and hopefully they will come in pretty quickly and I can get Les to help me do the install. Thank you Les! Kelly offered to buy me a new car today and in the same breath reminded me how financially smart it would be to drive this one into the ground. I told him that I was ok with driving the Yukon for a while but that I would have to have door handles and an AC. Kelly made some comment about how he never has cared what he drives around in. I almost laughed out loud. I drove an old 87 Mercury Sable, the AC never worked (since I bought it used). The door handles promptly fell off. It was ugly but it ran great. I got in an accident (someone hit me). Their insurance gave me $1200 and I just kept driving until one day the water pump broke and the mechanic that did the repair told me he knew a little old lady who had a pretty decent car for sale. It was a 90 Chevy Lumina,cold AC very pretty, clean and everything worked for $1200. I bugged Kelly for a month until he bought it for me. It probably would have sold sooner but the old gal had no phone. There was a sign on the car window that said knock on door. I practicaly felt like a princess driving around this 12 year old car(I even washed it). I had the car for less than a couple of months when for some stupid reason Kelly took the Lumina to work one week. Well on the way to work Kelly hit a cow on the highway with my car. He did not even bother to stop for the animal. I was very traumatized by the incident. I was glad Kelly was not hurt but I was so angry that he did not stop for the creature. Kelly pounded out the door so it would open and close but basically it was totaled. Still drivable unfortunately. Before a years time some young punk drove into Kelly and finished off the car. Kelly then convinced me that even though I really didn't feel comfortable driving a truck that I should take the Yukon because big vehicles are so safe. He would just buy any old truck to get him from point A
to point B. Sounded good to me. I was very surprised when he bought the truck that he has now. He's kind of freaky with it too. He never allows me to drive it, we rarely go anywhere in it. I don't even have a set of keys to it. So if he loses his I guess he is screwed. It would be very chivalrous of him if he would offer to loan me his truck until mine is in working order. That is not likely to happen. Kelly probably has thought about it and really he would like to do that but he probably thinks that the kids would get it dirty or something and that could very well happen. Right now I am fantasizing that Kelly is not working on one of the houses but shopping for my Mother's day gift. He is at clay time right now glazing the childrens handprints which they made me as a surprise. After that he is going to go to half price books to find a cook book for the special recipe he is going to cook up. If he has time tomorrow before he leaves he is going to Objects D Art to buy me a special piece of silver jewelry. Something with a cat on it. He is smiling and he is so thrilled with himself because he knows how surprised I will be. He loves to surprise me!. Kelly loves to see me smile. I think that I am going to start making up nice things and visualizing them. Kelly is a big believer in the power of positive thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home