Friday, June 18, 2004

VBS and Mrs. Timberlake

Vacation Bible school was awesome, I got a chance to spend a few hours each day with Kelly II,fourteen other three year olds and a few other brave adult souls. We sang, studied parables (in very simple story form), did cool crafts, made things with wood, and ate snacks. This of course left me too warn out to write even though I should have because some really fine moments have passed. Those kind of moments that you think that you should write about but you just savor the moment and it passes all to soon. I was lying on the couch nursing the baby and vegetating. Little Kelly came up to me and said, "I love God". He was stating a fact and informing me of something new. This was one of those moments and I don't think that anything could please me more than hearing that my son loves God. It was simply a beautiful moment. Kelly God loves you too! Today was the last day of all the righteous madness until next summer. Now for a real treat ( a point of interest in my child focused life). We had just packed a bunch of bird houses, and other crafty things in the Truck and started driving home. There is this particularly steep hill near First Pres, not my church just where VBS was held this year. Anyway, when we drive down it the kids throw there hands up in the air and yell wee!!! Then they tell me to drive down it again since I was so thrilled that it was finally Friday I obliged them. So I'm trying to back track which is difficult because this is a one way street and I am also directionally challenged and we end up in back of the YMCA near the church and some function has ended so traffic is a bit backed up. We are pretty much stopped going pretty slow. Blaze points out the window and says,"Hey are you a man?" I look over and say shush! I am surprised to see a definitely not very convincing transvestite, or a really scary woman. A pretty good five o'clock shadow, large atoms apple. He's wearing khaki Capri pants , almost exactly like my new ones and a fuchsia T-shirt with the arms cut off and knotted at the waste. His bra was showing. Yes I gawked as he was not looking in our direction and I was trying to answer my son's question. I said yes Blaze that is a man and then Blaze said, " He can't look like that!" That's when I told Blaze that he could look any way he felt like and that it's rude to yell out the window at people. Then Blaze said that he was not going to try and be a girl when he grows up. I snuck one last peek and noticed that their was some lettering on his purse. It said Mrs. Timberlake. I started to laugh my ass off. So the kind man who could ignore my sons comments apparently could not bare my ridicule, which wasn't even ridicule because I was laughing at his purse. Well maybe I was laughing because I was viewing a full grown man wearing pants like mine and a very silly purse. So he takes a couple of steps toward the truck and says, "What are you looking at?" I should be saying nothing at all at this point but I yell back, "your purse". Then someone honks there horn and we drive down the street and turn down the hill the kids yell wee and say again and I say that's enough. Actually this did not happen,I have nothing else even remotely interesting to write about so I resort to fake transvestite stories. I have not had much time to write now that Kelly is gone for 2 weeks at a time. I feel like a slave and prisoner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home