Friday, June 18, 2004

Where Oh Where Can Lydia Be

I know Michelle is asleep if she's smart still suffering from China Time Sydrome. Sounds like she has lots of goodies when she wakes up into our universe again. Dona is sick and still working at her sisters bar She wins the best Martyr of the week award. Melissa is young and has a life. (And yes us old geezers want to hear about it). April has a baby and is walking around in that zonbie land known as new parenthood. Shirley just isn't sure we can all be trusted and prefers lurking to spilling her guts to strangers. But Lydia I always trust you to be there and your not. So today we are guessing where is Lydia?

Is she being blissful with her hubby and kids and just have to much fun to want to share it with us. Did she go away on some trip which I am sure she told us about but we forgot(I forget a lot). Did Kelly read her Blogging and lock her up in the attic as punishment for having thoughts and feelings of her very own. Did aliens abduct her or maybe she has been transported through the space time continuim to a world of intelligent beings and she just can't bear to come back to this one. Or maybe she forgot to pay the internet bill again. Have to get her on DSL, don't know how she survives without.

Hope she comes back soon. They had another opening at the new Art center tonight thought about calling you and going with you again maybe taking Lindy and April and eating cake and drinking wine and making comments about the quality of art, not to mention the prices but of course I didn't remember until 8:00 tonight which is when it started.

Won a happy hour party at Buffalo Wild Wings for 5 one night(Free wings and 1 free drink each). If Lydia and Melissa would like to go and then maybe play pool afterwards at rack Daddy's let me know and we will call it a date. April wants to go to. Could be fun

Has to happen between 4:30 and 6PM Tuesday through Thursday - I vote thursday cause Yues and Wed are wimng special days and they are packed.

Still have peanut butter cookies left from the Susie Homemaker weekend Will still feed them to you if you stop by.

Movie Reviews this week consist of - Mystic River - The Spartan and The Cat in The Hat

Mystic River 3 1/2 Stars
Good movie but kinda slow - serious type of drama - not really into those especially not the New Jersey Type. Sean Penn was nominated for an Academy award but I would have Nominated Tim Robbins for his part instead. And Of Course Kevin Bacon wasn't bad either.
Good Cast - Worth watching but I could have waited till it came out on HBO. DOes anyone else beside me think that Sean Penn looks more like De Niro the older he gets.

The Spartan 4 Stars
Best Thing Val Kilmer has done in years - Like this one much better than Mystic River,
Also a great cast - Real Plot and everything -

Cat in the Hat - 2 Stars
If you are 12 or under you will probably like this movie - If you watch football and drink beer all weekend you will probably like the movie - If you have a brain or any good taste what so ever chances are good you will only find it mediocre. Sets are nice effects are sometimes cool. But the script is just mostly rude and tacky. Which I suppose it what it is supposed to be but I didn't like it. I did watch it all - Les left about 1/2 way through. Still have never seen anything with Mike Meyers that I liked. I admit I didn't like this particular Suess book either but then I was one of those good kids that followed the rules. Was hoping they had turned it into something good. But it just doesn't make the grade. Not sure I would even want my kids to watch it because most of it is in such poor taste and there is so much better stuff out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home