Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Turning 40 and Things I want for my Birthday

Turning 40 isn't bad. Still feeling good, no obvious difference. Wrinkles did not suddenly appear overnight, nor did my boobs suddenly sag to the floor. 30 was much harder and left me depressed for years. The only hope I can offer you Lydia is that if you make it through the next ten years you can have your life back. It seems like a long time to wait but it will pass in a flash.

My code mantra for my 30s was "If I do what I am thinking they will arrest me". Remember to keep repeating this during the difficult moments, then smile, bite your tongue and move on because as that famous sentence said.

"This too shall pass"

For anyone out there interested(my mother, my son, perfect strangers - I am not picky) in buying me goodies for my birthday below is a list. This list can also be used for christmas. This year I am working on me getting a new computer. Last year we did one for Les, and the year before Joshua, April has been getting hand me downs but at this point even hers is faster than mine. so it is my turn. Especially since I do more real work on the silly thing than the 3 others combined. I am limiting my requests to things under 150.00 and mostly under 100, and some down right cheap

Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra (Black) VIA Socket A ATX Motherboard and AMD Sempron 2500 Processor at TigerDirect.com

Need 2 of These
CM-IDE-12C Coolmax 12" IDE Translucent Copper Round Cable at TigerDirect.com

Need one of these
CM-FDD-12C Coolmax 12" Floppy Translucent Round Copper Cable at TigerDirect.com

One of these
4R120L0 Maxtor 120GB 5400 2MB ATA-133 EIDE Hard Drive at TigerDirect.com

Only need one of these but 2 or 3 would be perfectly acceptable
ULT30092 Ultra 512MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz Memory at TigerDirect.com

And one of these
U-30267 Toshiba 8x4x12x DVD�RW 32x16x40x CD-RW Dual DVD Burner at TigerDirect.com


would like to have for my my painting
Wireless i-Pen PRO Presentation Digital Pen - iPen Optical Pen Mouse


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home