Wednesday, November 24, 2004

"Visions Of The Veil".

Suzanne McNeil's Senior Exhibition

As I am still on my modest religious fashion critique, I could not leave out the traditional, Chadors, Abayahs, And Burkas on Islam. This site has some beautiful photos and makes me want to run out and buy one.

The Abayas at this DesertStore are so beautiful I am considering becoming an affiliate and selling them.
Abaya / Jilbab Collection by DesertStore Islamic Clothing

I find nothing wrong with women wearing these clothes In fact I want one really bad with of course full burka and veil. I feel in some ways they could be considered freeing in the fact that you are completely covered and men are less likely to stare. I usually do my bag lady impression here in America if I want to walk down a steet and not be ogled but even that is no guarantee. I am amazed at some of the times I get whistled at. Its not like I am drop dead gorgeous, I would rate myself as fairly average, though I do clean up well if I try, as my mother says I just don't do it often. Here in America you can get whistled at in baggy sweats with the bride of frankenstein hair. As we have noted before men aren't real smart.


Of course then you come to the part where these women are forced to wear these clothes and while I may think the burka would be fun for dress up. the day a man tells me how to dress is the day that little dagger in the pictures meets his throat.
From an american point of view the chador are security risks. Imagine putting the typical 13 year old girl in one and sending her to a mall. She would come home with half the store hidden under it. They are a perfect diguise for murder because no one can see anything and would probably even conceal a fair amount of evidence within the fabric so CSI would not be happy either. Lucky for us Americans that the terrorist think putting one on would be shameful or we would be in real trouble because they could hide an entire arsenal in those folds.

I just want one for the anonymity. to go shopping and have no one know its me. Unfortunately because we have so many stupid hot heads in this country that are just as stupid as the terrorists,(I think they are both listening to the same demon, I know its not God they are listening to. He thinks they are stupid also, he told me so just recently) wearing one to the grocery store would probably earn me name calling and abuse in this day and age. Can't win for losing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home