Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Merry Christmas Miss Brandy!

Saw that Lydia and Mishy had blogged, so thought maybe I could sneak a blog in and please B to no end. All of us in a row - EGADS and see...miracles do happen!
I feel the same - Christmas is the LEAST spiritual time of year in our culture and I've always felt like Spring and its time of renewel and birth are much more spritual, but that's just a personal thing. So, I've always tried to concentrate on the wonder and magic the wee ones have at this time of year. (That all seems more "spirtual" to me than the excess that we all fall victim to around the holidays.)
For those of you who don't know, I'm married to the original Scrooge - not that he's a miser, but I've never met anyone who has such a deep and abiding dislike of all things Noel. While his son was still living at home, I insisted on a tree and all the decorations, as this poor kid had never had a tree!! Since he left home, I have respected my dearest's feelings and we've only had a tree one year, when Cj was here for Christmas Day. Not so much as a holiday tune in this house! Well . . . I informed him the other day that next year we will at least have a tree. Call me shallow, but I miss the pretty lights! (Of course, I'm simple minded enough that twinkling lights will hold me mezmerized for hours, and like a crow, I like shiny things and sparkling bling-blings.)
We are going to Janelle's late Friday night (idiots, traveling on Christmas Eve...I know!) and returning on Sunday. It will be fun watching Cj and McKenzie open presents Christmas a.m. and this will be my daughter's first time doing the "family holiday meal" thing. It should be amusing.
Had another birthday last week, turning 47. Can't say I feel any different - okay, the body doesn't look or feel the same, but mentally I still feel 12.
For what it's worth, Lydia, I agree with Kelly. Give her the gifts your mom sent and if she really is disappointed, go from there. She may surprise you (we tend to forget our kids aren't us) and this may actually be an event she looks back on later fondly, rememberiing her "eccentric" grandmother. (Sort of like the Christmas card I sent to Kenzie last week. She's 1-1/2 and the other night my daughter and son-in-law called, both laughing hysterically. Apparently I sent a card reading "When you were little you were so sweet, blah blah blah. Now that you're all grown up, you blah, blah, blah." They felt this HAD to go into Kenzie's scrapbook with the date, so Kenzie would know just what airhead genes she comes from.)
Well, I'm sure I have much more blathering to do, but will close for now and in the event I don't return to the Land of Blog before the weekend, everyone have a FUN holiday!!!
Merry Christmas, B!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home