Monday, February 20, 2006

Oh Soup!

I am anxiously awaiting the mail. I wonder why that is? It's not as if I'll be receiving the two million dollar prize from the Publishers clearing house sweepstakes. I'm almost positive that I won't be getting a contract in the mail from Random House (along with a 50 thousand dollar advance) for my collection of short stories about the adventures of my dog and his run ins with the chupacabra. So why is it exactly that the mail is the highlight of my day. So I can look at ads to see what's on sale at places I won't be shopping at? Well the jokes on me because apparently there was no mail today. Observance of President's day or some hooey like that. My darling man is spending the night offshore, so I cannot torture him tonight. I wouldn't be in any hurry to come home if I were him either. I was actually going to be extra special nice to him tonight and make him something edible for dinner.
Well a day has passed since I initially started this excitement filled purposeless rambling. The kitchen is filled with the fragrant aroma of Brandy's chinese soup recipe. Yum! Who knew something so good could be so easy to make. The highlight of my day was my coworker sharing his cussing teddy bear with me. Well it was either that or the customer that offered to take me for a ride in his corvette. Oh yes, I'm going to go for a ride with a perfect stranger just because he has a red shiny car. Sometimes I feel offended when I should feel flattered, I don't know why that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home