Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ghosty and childhood imaginings

Ghosty is Kelly's imaginary friend. She has hair that looks like a rainbow light. She is a mommy and she likes to play. She loves everyone, she even loves Ranger when he is bad or so Kelly tells me. Ghosty mostly stays in Kelly's room but she also comes to church with us because she likes Connie the nursery attendant and also being around the babies. Kelly also sees shadow people they are every where and he says that they are just people and that they never talk to him. I told him that I had an imaginary friend once but that I thought he was real. He would tickle me when I was trying to sleep and he would make me laugh. He did the same thing to my brother. My mother would come in and I would tell her why I was laughing and it was she that told me that he was my imaginary friend. Then one day I just did not see him anymore.Little Kelly says that he went away because he couldn't find me. I asked him why he could not find me, I had not moved and then then Little Kelly said that he couldn't find me because he did not recognoze me anymore. When I was a junior in highschool I had a creative writing assignment about imaginary friends. A boy in my class wrote about his shadow friend that made him giggle as he fell asleep, he even drew a picture. His friend was the same one that I had known. I think that my shadow friend experience happened when I was 3 or 4. It is a vague memory brought back to life by my son and his active imagination which of course I am completely enthralled with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home