Friday, September 01, 2006

A Living Will

I think this is the best living will form I've ever see. It's easy to understand and it makes perfect sense as well.


I ______________, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of posturing politicians, religious nuts, or lawyers and doctors, interested in simply running up the bills or protecting their butts from malpractice suits. If a reasonable amount of time has passed and I fail to ask for at least one of the following:
A Bloody Mary
A Margarita
A Beer
A Steak
Cold cut or corned beef
The remote control
Pizza
Sex in some form
Mexican food of any type
it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, and go get some beers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home