Friday, January 26, 2007

A Little Something From Our Long Lost Member

If the crap heap that is currently my life ever clears up, I may even blog a real blog.
This came from Doris, who hasn't blogged in a year or so, making me look good with my once every six months or so.
I know those of you who are not blessed with the presence of a goat (or several!) in your lives might not fully appreciate the truth in the humor of the following, but I think you will enjoy it, nonetheless.

I am Woman, hear me BAAAAA!!!!
It's that time again. I take a deep breath, trying to clear my mind in preparation of the task ahead. I swallow, and take another breath. My hand shaking, I reach out and open the gate, tightening my grasp with the other hand. One step inside, and its too late to change my mind, the attack has begun. I duck to the right, then the left, finally spinning completely around and ducking back to the left, hoping to surprise and delay them. Like a pack of starving, snarling wolves they descend upon me, determined to stomp me into the mud, and steal IT. The Holy Grail of Goats: The FEED BUCKET!

Pushing and shoving, gasping for breath, only one thing on my mind, safely getting to the other side and back ALIVE!

Finally, its over. Weakened, weary, gasping for breath, I make it back out the gate. Thankful, for another day. Lucky my clothing is mostly intact. And as I stumble back to the humble little farmouse, there is nothing but the horrible sound of feeding behind me, the clash of horns and the thud of impact with other bodies. Another mealtime is over at MisFit Farm. Gee, I get to do it again tomorrow. Whee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home