Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day (Really)

I've been changing diapers for a decade (nearly). You would think that I would be an expert at it by now, or at least developed some way to have the them poop less or potty train early. Nope none of those things. The boys are sleeping, Lindy is at the beach with the youth group and Brittany is back with her GP's. I miss her, it has been very hard for me not to call but I thought it best to wait a few days. I'm not sure why I think this. I looked around the house and realized that I have multiple piles of junk everywhere, the woman that is helping me clean isn't really. She just kind of makes these piles of junk and does a really half ass job. Not that I'm not greatful but I could do all that myself. I've also gotten lazy with her coming over three times a week and do even less than usu al. I'm thinking about turning over a new leaf or was it lead or league. My mind is slipping. I know everyone has heard that before. I may mean it this time, really I may.
I am thankful for all my mothers, today and everyday.
I am thankful for Alexandria who gave me life and tried to teach me manners and to be responsible.
I am thankful to Lindy for teaching me to love and to help others and for helping me feel loved.
I am thankful for Conception for cooking and cleaning and hanging my laundry on the clothesline, I wish I would have told you thank you. I know now that you loved me by your actions.
I am thankful to Martha for mothering me like I was her own and sharing what little she had with me.
I am thankful to all the female teachers that took a special interest in my well being
I could really stop there because really they all have been teachers
I am thankful to Maureen, Connie, Margot and Jane for helping me to be a better mother. I keep watching you and learning.
I am thankful for Brandy, Dona, and Cristal for teaching me to speak my mind.
I am thankful for my children for bringing out the best in me (sometimes!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home