Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I love Superman and the GulfCoast Humane Society!


I could complain about him some times. There are about 100 different things he does that drives me nuts (and I don't mean in a good way either). I may be exaggerating a bit there but he does have the uncanny knack of giving me exactly what I don't need. Just when I do not need it the most. He tries me at times, but yesterday he was perfect. To really understand this story I have to tell another one.

I was less than 3 months pregnant with Blaze, it was that critical time before the 12 weeks mark. The time when you are most likely to miscarry. I was under an incredible amount of stress. Asshole as I affectionately refer to him (this would be my ex husband) was pressuring me to terminate the pregnancy. I was not really in a good place spiritually. I was on my way home when suddenly traffic stopped and I looked to my right and saw a dog whimpering on t he sidewalk. It had been struck by a car and was badly injured. I stopped to help the dog but I was afraid to pick it up. It was not a small dog. I looked around for someone to help me but there was no one. I was waiting for super man to fly in and save the day but he was no where to be found. I lifted the dog into my car against my better judgement. It did not end well for her. In the end the vet had to euthanize her. I cried my eyes out, it was just one more soul to come in and out o f my life. I do not know why this injured animal touched me so. At the time I did not even favor dogs. This experience has stuck with me for some reason. It is vivid and living in the reels that play in mind.
Yesterday was better. I wasn't having a great day. I had an argument with my mother in the morning, and another with Kelly. I was missing Yang, and not really feeling fired up about much. Kelly and I were in the truck frantically driving around town like dogs chasing our tail. The rehab on our house was underway and we were busy, busy, busy. Traffic came to a sudden stop on SPID. It looked like a dead dog in the road, we were about to go around it when it tried to get up. Obviously not a dead dog. I looked at Kelly and I said we need to help it. Then my wonderful husband did something that I did not expect. He pulled over and stopped traffic and scooped the dog off the road. As I watched him I thought to myself. You are superman!!!! As he was scooping up the dog another dog came trodding up. I picked that one up and put it in the cab with us. We drove to the humane society and God was smiling on these dogs. The vet was there! While I was sitting in the cab petting the uninjured dog Kelly was petting the hurt one, it was cold and he had wrapped on of his work shirts around the bleeding dog. I was smiling when the vet said that the dog looked like he would make it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home