Friday, November 23, 2007

I miss Rebs.

Yesterday was hard. Usually after Kelly gets up Rebel runs down stairs and and jumps in bed with me, gets under the covers and snuggles up to me or under me. He never did mind being laid on. I do not hear the sound of his little nails clicking against the slate floor. I am no longer the leader of any parade. Where I went he followed, or tried to follow the best he could. When I would work on a house at night by myself he would go with me. When I went to show houses most of the time I took him along. If I sat down he would be on my lap. If I laid down on the couch he would be on me. When he rode in the car with me he would ride in my lap. Kelly always told us not to do this but we never listened. He was fiercely loyal. If anyone ever did try to attack me, I know at least my ankles would be safe. He bit my ex-husband for no particular reason. I hear dogs barking in the distance. I miss him, my brother becoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home