Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Morning Musings

Too darn early to expect the world to interact with me, and too darn cold to go out and seek entertainment with the goats. Winter has finally arrived here on the Plains and I find I'm not dreading it as much as I normally do. I'm even sort of hoping the forecast for later, which predicts some snow, is accurate. I have young goats that have never seen snow and it will be fun to watch how they react. Of course this also means that my doe who was supposed to kid yesterday is simply waiting for the absolute worst possible moment, weatherwise, to have those babies. It's part of the Goat Code of Honor, I guess. I'm sure I'll be out there in blowing snow and rain, temps well below zero tonight, with flashlight in hand, fretting over this first time mom!

I'm so excited that there's a very very good chance I'm going to see Ying in January. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to last until she could make it back. When Janelle said she would plan her trip to San Antonio around my "birthing" schedule so I could tag along to see Ying, I jumped at the chance.

Sun is finally up enough I can see to what I'm doing out there. Time to encourage my doe to push, push, push and get it over with in the daylight!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

Yippy! Yang is coming to see me, I'm doing the happy dance!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home