Sunday, March 28, 2004

The Saturday from hell & Hello Shirley

I feel for you Lydia, Never have found a breast pump that works. Loan officer will at least be a good thing for your resume. Maybe one of Kelly's schemes will work someday and you'll be rich and he will still be working all the time or at least that is how it always seems to work in my life. As for parenting advice - that's it for now until another wave crosses into my brain and forces me to write more gibberish. However I am always willing to give advice if you ask - won't guarantee it is good advice but everyone who knows me knows I will always spout if asked. I still want the story with the squirrels.

We have a new writer gracing us with her wisdom - Everybody give Shirley a big hello - Shirl if you want a bio on the page send your short sentences to me of what you want it too say otherwise I will make one up. Scary thought isn't it. Les is dealing fine, Baby sitting for the next several years wasn't what we were really planning for this stage of our life but I am sure everything will work out in the end. So far April and Baby are doing fine. We have about 8 weeks left to go. She starts baby and Lamaze classes in the next 2 weeks. Baby shower is on April 18th. All of you are welcome to come and invitations will go out this week. Please come, so far we have about 8 people from moms side and the other 40 are from dad's so we need all the company we can get. There is a picture of her and her father on the blog if you look in the march archives. Pretty decent pic even if I did take it. She has refused any good belly shots so far but I will get at least one before it is over. Maybe I can talk her into playing pin the pacifier on the belly button and I will blow up a picture of it for posterity. For some reason I am doubting she would agree.

A really bad Saturday,

It really started Thursday, Truck started running like shit and have engine serviced light kept coming on. Trying to save us a few bucks since we just gave it a 500.00 fuel pump, my hubby in his infinite wisdom drove it to autozone for the free computer check which would have been great but of course the light went out when he got there so of course it would not give the proper codes to tell us what was actually wrong. The men at the auto shop and les discussed it and decided that it probably needed a tune up so 90.00 later we have new plugs, wires, distributor cap etc... The truck did in fact need these items so, so far so good. Les spent Friday afternoon working diligently to replace all the parts he had bought expecting the truck to run better when done. Too bad it didn't when he was done it was knocking up a storm and still running like shit. Needless to say he wasn't happy. Then came Saturday

I woke up at 4AM in tears and pain from cramps PMSing and bitchy and wanting to kill my husband for not providing me with enough sex the prior week to make the cramps go away. So I am up crying like an idiot over everything wrong in my life. Stayed up till 6 and went back to bed - Two days later and he still doesn't know I was pissed but then his powers of observation were never that great. - At any rate get back up at 9, still pissy and crying over nothing. Looked real good with those big puffy eyes for work. Postman wanted to know if I had a problem with allergies. When morning is over Les goes out to work on the truck again already wondering why he didn't just take it to the mechanic and as he is taking out spark plugs he had just put in he realizes that his problem is that one of them got in too tight The piston hit it and broke the top part off inside the Cylinder So now rather than looking at a 100 tune up we are looking at a 300.00 rip down of the heads to remove the stupid spark plug from the engine.

For those of you who know my husband well you know his very low level boiling point and after he takes off on the rant of life sucks Blah Blah bLah getting angrier by the second I get to become the comforting wife and calm him down luckily after 22 years I am pretty good at this but I hate the fact that I have to do it. I was the one feeling miserable that day and damn it just once I would like to be the bitch for the whole day when everyone else feels good so I can trash their day for them.

I told him God was going to keep making things like this happen until he learned the art of acceptance and gained the ability to just move on without it bothering him. He replied "Not a fucking chance in hell" Then we sent him off to a nap, the safest way to let his anger dissipate. I can called one of my crazy teenage friends requesting he bring something over to make les feel better. Which he did, he also brought a little grabber thing to get the part out of the piston (didn't work) but just having his crazy hyperactive ass here made les start thinking better. HE had to fix it or the kid would never leave. He did finally get it out by removing the plug telling the boy to stick his head over the engine and watch to see if it came out and then he turned on the engine. The piston shot that little piece of metal right up in the air and out of the engine, damn near hitting the boy in the face who was watching the engine - can't believe he was stupid enough to do that anyway.

vehicle still runs like shit but at least we are back to the 100.00 tune up. Les was happy in more ways than one and the night ended on a much better note. Except that I still haven't gotten sex not that I want it at the moment. I wish menopause would hurry up and finish because this on again of again bullshit is driving me nuts.... I did get to end the night with an official wifely I told you so on his getting so pissed off. It really isn't worth it, certainly not worth hanging onto the way he does. I do admit he has gotten better now it only lasts for a few hours when I first met him it could last for days, if not years. But then that is a problem when you marry a barbarian even a prim and proper Victorian one and I still wouldn't trade him for the world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home