Thursday, April 15, 2004

Thanks Melisa...and Dona...and Brandy..and Lydia...it's nice to know someone besides me likes her...there are, of course, things that bug me about her that I would do better next time, but that's to be expected. Melisa, I would like to get one or two kittens...right now! Too bad you can't ship 'em here....

And here is my contribution for the day. I love Isaac Asimov, read so much of his stuff aloud to my son when he was younger and homeschooling, we both were just completely fascinated by his writing...saw this great quote today-

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. -Isaac
Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-1992)

Have a high school field trip coming to raku today, there was one group here on Tuesday, these are advanced art classes, they glaze their stuff and bring it ready to raku fire, we fire it and they take them back to school finished...all in about three hours. They love my place and I like having fifteen or twenty high school kids wandering the place, go figure! The teacher has brought her classes here most semesters, for about three or four years now, some of the kids have been here a couple times before. Pays well, and, this time, it's cash (whoo HOOO, sometimes it'd purchase-order and wait for a check). And, she gives me a tip, such a sweetie. Then, when we are done firing today, I have to run over to the other shop where I teach, have a group of seven homeschool kids to teach throwing to. Busy busy!

Lydia, my heart goes out to you so much, you have no idea. Your image presented of your marriage...sounds soooooo familiar it just tugs on my heart and gut to read it. And I COMPLETELY understand your faithfulness and love for him. I just hope you guys can do the work it takes to keep it from falling apart, that we could not do in my marriage. I am feeling so much better here, and realizing that it's time to admit to myself that I *want* this divorce now...and I really do, but it feels like failure to admit it. Life can be so hard sometimes! It is inspiring to read of your faith...that strength you get from unconditional love..I want to aspire to being able to love, unconditionally...I think that's an important task in life, not an easy one, but one that will help in the harder times...

Okay, back to your regular programming....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home