Thursday, May 06, 2004

Shameful Behavior

I was thinking about going to talk to a counselor but since I have free venting and insight right at my finger tips, why bother? In the spirit of the upcoming holiday celebrating the mother I offer the following. The phone rang and any time the phone rings after 10 pm around here it usually means a wrong number or my mother. I actually answer the phone with Hi Mom if it is after midnight. There are certain people in life that tend to bring out the worst in us and for me unfortunately that would be my mother, God rest her soul. No she's not dead, that was wistful thinking. Just kidding. My mother whom I love is a compulsive liar and a kleptomaniac. These are not insults, just stating the facts. Strange but true. On her last visit she made off with various different items and I was only slightly annoyed as I have grown somewhat accustomed to her odd quirks if you can call them that. She is getting worse with age and is truly beyond help. Until the last five years or so she resisted the temptation of relieving family members of their belongings but after speaking with my brother and his wife, anyone is fair game now. This is not the shameful behavior that I mention in the title. The shameful behavior is my own. A few months ago My mother had a moment of guilt perhaps and called to say that she found a few pieces of my jewelry in a ziploc bag in her purse. She alluded that one of the kids stuck it in there. I said nothing as she is my mother and I have never accomplished anything by confronting her in the past. Didn't really give it too much thought until she called me tonight. She casually mentioned that she needed to send it back to me. It would have gone no farther than that but she had to press the issue. She said that she really must have a talk with my daughter for putting those things in her purse. That Lindy really should not be allowed to get away with perusing through my things, as I permit her to do. I just lost it! I felt like she was trying to blame my daughter for something and I couldn't tolerate it any longer. I told her that I didn't care how it got in her purse and that she could keep it. I told her that it really pissed me off that she was blaming Lindy for something that she knows that she did not do. Then she said, "Well, I've thought about it Lydia and I am not going to visit you this year because I don't like the way that you treat me". Here comes the shameful behavior part. Lydia the disrespectful breaking one of the ten commandments daughter said, "Good, because I'm not going to play any of your mind fuck games anymore!" Then I said good bye and hung up. Mom called back dumped guilt about how she asked me a medical question last week and I did not bother to find the answer for her. Then I said I love you good bye and hung up. Then she called back and asked for my ex-husbands new phone number. I lied and said I couldn't find it. She likes to call him and have a sympathetic ear when ever she wants to complain about what an evil bad person I am. So there's an early mothers day warm fuzzy for you.
Brandy your sugar baby is in luck I wasted all of my negative energy today and have lots of positive healing vibes to send in his direction. Right now I am picturing him completely healed. Speaking of babies... How is April?

On the subject of revenge, haven't seen the movie yet so these are just some Lydia ramblings. I believe in the natural laws of the universe. I'm not God and am not issuing any sentences. I can throw no stones. I think death some times is too good for some people. Could I under the right circumstances take a life? I would like to think so. I would protect those I love. I would protect myself. Everything comes full circle eventually, including tithes, acts of kindness. God gives back to me what I give to others. Simple philosophy really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home