Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Interesting day Sort of

Took Riley (my baby sugar glider) to the vet he fell the other day and had a coke glass land on top of him hurt his leg I thought he broke it but the doc thinks it was just nerve damage and that he will be fine in a few weeks. He is still climbing to the top of the cabinet in the bathroom and was flying around the room quite well at the vets office today. I really like this guy but he does not usually do gliders and I need to find someone here with more experience so they snip his little balls off. Aren't I mean. Riley was quite riled at the vets. He is not real thrilled with being up during the day as it is and unknown people and bright lights were not a good combo.

Went on our anniversary date tonight and saw Man on Fire very good movie. Didn't realize it was a real story until the end.

Lately we have been discussing the value of revenge. Being mostly a pacifist I made my husband promise long ago that he would not take retaliation on any one if someone hurt me because I don't really believe in it but then again watching the movie tonight I have to admit everyone of them deserved to die. So I am kinda tossed on the subject. I have no real problem with the idea of killing someone and would not hesitate to defend myself or shoot someone that broke into my house. I would empty the clip make sure they were really dead and become a crying fearful woman on the witness stand if they charged me with something. But I like to think that I would not go after revenge after the moment had passed. I think this makes me somewhat of a hypocrite. Its the Buddhist in me. I believe in forgiveness and in gods ultimate judgment. Les says he has no problem with Gods judgment he would just send them to it a bit sooner.

So which is the better way to act? Is it better to rid the world of scum because you can or does scum serve a purpose? It would be impossible to know good without evil. So does evil serve the purpose of teaching us a lesson of what not to be and do. Are the people who commit true evils really god's angels in disguise helping us along life's path towards being a better race of humans. Do the ones we love die so that we might learn a lesson from it and maybe pass it along to someone else. And if I truly believe in God and life after death does the killing of innocents really matter as they are merely ascending at a more rapid rate than the rest of us. Maybe it is a blessing to be murdered and released, if so do we really have the right to seek revenge on our own terms.

It too late for much more deep thought.

PS - Lydia you should know that he selling of undergarments is now illegal in several states and on eBay - mainly because the items going for the most money were little girl panties. Kinda cruel actually single moms could afford new clothes for their kids a lot easier when they could sell the old panties for 100.00 bucks a pop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home