Sunday, June 06, 2004

A butterfly's breath in August

Mellow day here at the Storage lot. My least favorite customer got himself into yet another jam. Went and bought a huge unbreakable lock and then lost the keys. Lock can't be cut with our cutters or drilled, he ended up today spending 6 hours hack sawing through the metal to get it off. I feel sorry for him and I try to be nice but he can be so annoying and has no concept of time or propriety.

I am stuffy when it comes to doing things properly at times. Not that I know what properly really is or why it could possibly be important. In some ways manners seem to be a tradition in my eyes. A tradition we have let slide. I read there is a southern saying that one should put on their manners every morning the way they put on their shirt. I like that. I don't care what people think or say but I see so reason not to be polite about. Telling someone they are a jackass softly in a polite voice with just a hint of disdain is just as, if not more meaningful than screaming it in their face.

I like traditions, I like things that bind me (Les would say I just like to be bound) and make decisions for me. I want to lie there and let the world pass around me. Yet obligations drive me out. I decide too many things in any given day I want the rest of life to be laid out. I want there to be rules. I want the rules to be sensible and just and there in lies the problem.

Childrens birthday parties, myths of childhood that form lives. I was never good at giving parties I think Josh and April both managed to get one out of me that might have been worthy of the name party. They seemed to have survived yet another lack of parenting skills.

We have been having a movie fest here this week. Watched all of the following:
PAYCHECK, kILL biLL vOL 1, THE LAST SAMURAI(Great Movie - I had planned on not liking it)
Down with love, & 4 Feathers (Also an excellent movie) Reccomend all of them

Mishy sounds like she is having fun in China, not that I could imagine Michelle not having a good time anywhere she went.

New house sounds wonderful and I vote go for it. Leave it empty furnishings are just something you have to move. The laws of nature to apply to houses. and nature abhors emptyness so over time you will fill the house. Fill it with things you love pick up antiques make it truly yours and even if it takes 10 years to accumulate pieces you really love it will be you dream when you are done. Yardsales are almost the only place to find real wood furniture in this glorious age of particle board. Let Kelly whine and do what you want anyway. He likes to whine, he likes the frustration or he wouldn't work so hard to keep it. Don't deny him a pleasure in life but no one says it has to affect you. I like that you laugh at him, It shows courage. Don't know about having a church in my backyard. I am thinking parking lot and noise, But then I am the hermit.

Large bathtubs should be properly worshipped wherever they are found

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home