Sunday, June 06, 2004

It seems so lonely here. I'm not feeling so psycho today for reference to my state of mind view my draft which I deemed to pathetic to publish. Kel II's birthday party was yesterday and it was great fun. We had a barbecue at the home of Kelly's sisters boyfriend. His little girl celebrated her birthday with Kelly. She's a really neat little girl. We rented an inflatable castle and the kids went wild. Their was cake and candy and great food. I didn't have to cook any of it so of course I was loving it. Anything homemade that I do not have to cook is always top on my list. Lil Kel enjoyed everything, it lived up to his expectations I'm sure. His Mickey Mouse party has been a topic of conversation in our household for some time now. It was a widely anticipated event. Grandad brought him a small sized metal bat and a baseball. Apparently he does not realize that Kelly is only three years old. We are going to buy him a tee to put his ball on and practice his swing. I think that his favorite gift was a spiderman book. When the party winded down and all of Kelly's guests left we rudely went across the street and looked at real estate. A 3500 square foot fixer upper could be a quarter million dollar home. We could literally open our back gate and go to church. It has a bathtub that our whole family could fit in or atleast both Kelly and myself, and wouldn't that be fun. Of course I told Kelly not to even think about it because it definitely would not be the way to live below our means. I could tell Kelly was in love immediately so I tried to curb my enthusiam as I am the brains of the operation or at least that is what I keep saying to myself. The house was just interesting until I saw that bath tub. We had pretty much decided that we could not tackle it until I informed Kelly that I was going to tell my friend Crystal about it. She is looking for a real estate project and may actually have the cash so I thought that this would be a good opportunity for her. That's when Kelly started talking about actually selling one of the houses that are not making any money so we could have the moola to finance this monster. We called Kelly's sister to see it again but no luck so far. I just can't envision our family in that home. We can't even furnish this home. El cheapo complained when I spent 90 dollars on a much needed used kitchen table a t a garage sale last year. Our big furniture purchase was a crappy 100 dollar put it together yourself fiber board entertainment center from Wal mart. That house would be so sparse. I don't think that I could find enough crap lying on the side of the road to furnish it. FYI that's where a few of my nicer things have come from. My home is furnished in white trash trailer decor (mid century). I'm all for living below my means, I rarely spend any money on myself, but I would really like to be comfortable. I would like some furniture (not necessarily new) that I picked out myself and that I actually liked. I think that I deserve that but this is a bit much to expect as door handles apparently are a luxury. Note to self. I must order door handles tomorrow and get with Les about the repair. I need to quit procrastinating. It is very hot now and getting stuck in the truck now could get dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home