Wednesday, June 02, 2004

You Guys Inspired Me...

Okay, having spent what seems like no more than 10 minutes with my hubby in the past 4-5 weeks, you guys have inspired me. The bad first - what I don't like - In eleven years I can't think of one single project in or around the house that has ever been completed, not to mention the hundreds that haven't even been started. (B - the parts for the new hydrant were purchased over 2 weeks ago and still sit in a bag on the floor. However, I was told he was going to start it one night this week. I worked last night and when I asked what he did, he set a couple of poles in the corral for the purpose of SOMEDAY putting a new fence in there.) It's not that he can't do "handy" things - he friggin built a whole 10 room house and shop years ago. It's that "it doesn't bother me so it doesn't exist thing." The unfinished things don't even upset me any more. The kitchen floor laid 3 years ago that still has no trim around it, the tile floor laid almost a year ago that has no trim around it, the room next to our bedroom that we can't use because 1/2 of one plaster and lathe walls is knocked out and all over the floor, (the list goes on and on). They have just become a way of life, but it would be nice to have something completed, just once. Spending way too much time on the first complaint, I'll move on. The fact that he can't say no to his grown children, although at 24 and 25 I feel they don't need to keep draining us of every penny we manage to save. (Maybe this should be a thing I like about him, but it really burns my ass.) Somehow over the years it has fallen to me to do all the lawn care (with 9 acres, we're talking a full time job here) and cleaning of vehicles. (Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I always thought these were GUY things??) He never fixes anything around here. Bathroom faucet has leaked so bad water runs down the counter top every time you turn it on, since the day we moved in here. I guess it's not causing permanent damage yet, so it doesn't exist either.
Things I like - in eleven years I have only seen him get mad 2 or 3 times. He's the easiest going person I've ever met and I want to be like him when I grow up. I do and have anything I want - I don't even have to ask - just do it or get it. (Lucky for him, I'm extremely low maintenance.) He treats my 38 year old "baby" sister like one of the kids and has never hesitated to help her any way he can. (We call her our oldest and most troublesome child.) We have sex more nights of the week than not, and even after all these years he insists that I must be pleasured before he is. (Even if there is the ocassional time I have to fake this, just so he will finish.) He has the best paying job in the county and he never sees his paycheck or the check book. He gets an "allowance" and I do what I need and/or want with the rest. Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me he "adores me," or "cherishes me" or that he's the luckiest guy in the world. He calls at least twice a day from work, every day, just to say he loves me. While he would rather I stay home and not work, if I want to work it's fine. I'd rather do nothing with him than something exciting with anyone else. Enough dribble.
Mish - I'm jealous beyond words, but think it's so exciting. I can't wait to hear your tales when you return. Melisa - we are about to send out the search and rescue teams. Brandy - hope you are proud of me. I promised a blog next week, and here I am!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home