Friday, July 23, 2004

Beatings or Antipsychotic Meds

No way to know that the kitten was sick really. It had a virus possibly Pneumonia, the vet tech girl said that they go down hill pretty fast. I just like to torture myself I guess. Rainbow appeared a bit thin but otherwise healthy, she ate and drank just fine (I thought anyway). She was not very active but I attributed that to her age and that she may have been recovering from the trama of new surroundings. Rainbow did seem to enjoy our company and was always close to where ever we happened to be.  There will be another kitten if that is what Blaze wants. Kittens are plentiful here as so many people do not bother to spay and neuter their pets. I am a cat person but not much on kittens. I do not know why this is, as I have raised and bottle fed many orphan and abandoned kittens. I never had the desire to keep one of them but for some reason this little Rainbow girl endeared herself to me. Life is funny that way.
  I am glad to hear that Keegan the wonder dog is doing well. I don't know if what I am about to write is observation, opinion or advice regarding stepgrandson. Wow Dona, your my hero! You actually realize your limitations. So times I find myself doing things simply because I somehow feel that they are the right thing to do even if they are not the right thing for me. Perhaps you are in a self centered phase in your life right now but your feelings have nothing to do with selfishness . I don't think so any way. You simply realize your limitations. If this boy came to live with you it would obviously hinder and put a strain on your relationship with Darrel because this is not what you and Darrel both want. I think that it would cause undue strife. I don't know that you should listen to me, if you have any doubts reread my blogs and examine my sometimes immature behavior. If you wanted to let Darrel know how you feel in no uncertain terms and not seem like a bitch (which you aren't). You could cry and tell him that you are genuinely concerned about the boys well being but bringing him into your home would only damage him further as you are no longer prepared to deal with a child anymore let alone one with problems of this magnitude. Perhaps Darrel does not really want this option either but simply feels that it is the right thing to do. Time spent with an adult that has something to offer him would undoubtedly do the boy good. Sounds like Mommy needs parenting classes. I could probably use them too! Brandy will probably say that the seven year old just needs beaten on a regular basis. I think that he needs a stable mother and some psychological help. If he is hurting his younger siblings and playing with fire than there is a  serious problem or this could easily become a serious problem. His mother needs to seek professional help. Maybe he only needs attention or maybe he needs antipsychotic medication. Maybe he needs regular beatings. Once again I applaud you for realizing that this is clearly something that you are not up to. Mommy needs to do her part for her son., it sounds as if she is failing him. Maybe their is someway you can help the mother. Not financially, I mean spiritually, emotionally. Do some research and seek out those that are equipped for these things if you are inclined to do something for this boy. You and your family are in my prayers.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home