Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Capes

Went to Cristals house today and she finished the Blazerman's costume while I watched and helped the children get paint all over themselves. Blaze's costume is pretty darn cool or hot rather. I will describe it in detail momentarily. Blaze wanted to be a pumpkin for the third year in a row. I dissuaded him of course like any good mother would do. Squish his dreams, that's my job (only a sick joke). I asked him if he could be anything what would he be. He said as he grinned ever so widely, "A fire ball!" I said, "Right on!". Now how the heck do you make a fireball costume? I had no earthly idea but the pumpkin thing was getting pretty darn old if you asked me (which nobody did, but I added my two cents anyway.) So I got the idea to dress him in red from head to toe and paint flames all over the place. Except for I haven't really blossomed as an artist yet so I chickened out and enlisted Cristals help. It started out with painting flames and it ended up with cutting and sewing and before I knew it there was a black flamed cape lined with orange satin. Funky flamed gloves too! Cristal rocks! We are creative genius's! Blaze said so himself. He is wearing his costume right now. It thrilled him! Oh to be six years old again. I would love to wear a costume just because. Sew capes to all my clothes. When I lived in Sierra Vista Arizona there was an eccentric man that wore a vampire cape and ornate silver jewelry. I often saw him around town. It was pretty much a half a horse town or maybe we had all the same haunts. We called him THE COUNT. I thought he was sort of Silly at the time. This was about 13-14 years ago but now I admire him. He could have been mentally ill or he could have just liked wearing a cape and didn't give a damn about what any one thought. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home