Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Rednecks, Bee Stings, and other annoying things...

Gee...that title sounds like I should complain for a while. Oddly enough, tonight I have nothing to complain about. (I'm sure this won't last.) Got home about 1:00 today from our trip to Tennessee (that would be where the Redneck part fits in). Had a great time with old dear friends, but I'm so damned happy to be home!! For someone who leads an incredibly boring life, I seem to be gone from home a lot.
Got home exhausted, but spent the last 6 hours rearranging my living room. This is extremely strange behaviour, so I'll chalk it up the the aforementioned menopausal mania. While away I purchased some over the counter items to try to curb the nasty side affects of menopause and I must say they have been very effective. I am still waking at night with sweats, but only waking up, throwing the covers off, and going back to sleep instead of getting up and spending 2 hours trying to cool off.
Got stung by a bee while in Tennessee on Saturday, which created great panic for everyone, as I am highly allergic. Darrel ran to our car and opened the newly created "CPR kit," and retrieved an item we recently purchased at Wal-Mart (yes, I hate it too, but shopping locales are limited) and "extracted" the venom from my rapidly swelling and mottling hand. It worked wonders and I was saved a trip to the emergency room.
All in all it was a terrific trip - good company, exceptionally good food (I think I gained 10 pounds while away!), and a couple of good movies (Hildago & Last Samurai). Now I just want to stay home for a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home