Thursday, November 25, 2004

Gobble Gobble, Peck Peck, Oh No, not the knife

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

So far so good, It is 4:20 and except for the turkey it is all cooked. Went lite this year and yet I am still running behind. There is Turkey and stuffing and mashed taters, canberry sauce, deviled eggs,and rolls. Marbled chocolate cheese cake, and Pecan bars. NO pumpkin pie because I was lazy. Since it is really just the two of us We bought the butterball turkey breast, besides thats the only part we ever eat and the rest just gets tossed. Even the sugar gliders are looking forward to tonight's meal as this is their one meal of table food for the year. They like Thanksgiving. Made a special batch of Potatoes for Emily & the gliders with none of the evil fattening stuff in it.

I would like to be able to say I was up at dawn and slaving all day but it would be a lie. Didn't make it out of bed until 9 and that was only after I had holiday sex. I have everything swept, mopped and washed but it needed it anyway. Even cleaned the animal cages. Back is beginning to feel the pain of standing all day but that is to be expected. Hubby is napping. April and family will arrive soon and a good time will be had by all.

The cheese cake recipe I used was this one which was fast and simple and even I couldn't screw it up. I am a great cook but I have never been successful with cooked cheesecake. Something I need to work on. Had fun making my own crust with graham crackers. Was too lazy to drag out the food proccessor so I used the zip lock and rubber mallet method. Lots of fun.

Best No-bake Cheesecake Recipe

This is the cheesecake recipe I wanted to try but I did not have all the ingredients and visiting Walmart on a holiday is just evil. besides I would have had to start last night
Martin Sheen's Favorite Cheesecake Recipe

This is another I will have to try soon
Caramel Praline Cheesecake Recipe

And just because I was using the oven all day I decided to roast some garlic for future use. Can you say nummy
Roasted Garlic

Will right later on the meaning of Thanksgiving to me but right now its Turkey time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home