Sunday, July 12, 2009

Love By Any Other Name...

I can think of several definitions/explanations of love that I like better. Some even come from that infamous Book...
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
I John 3:18

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13

Does it mean if you aren't doing or receiving these things, you aren't loved or do not love? Me thinketh not - me thinketh it means these are the things true love aspires to be.

That will end our sermon for today - please feel free to deposit in the plate as it is passed around.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

I love that passage in the bible but the cartoon suited my purpose lady~!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Yang said...

Since my life has generally BEEN a cartoon, I am not judging. My stepfather used to tell me all the time that I was Wile E. Coyote. No wonder I need therapy....

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ying said...

Who the hell was the roadrunner?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Yang said...

LIFE was the roadrunner!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home