Friday, February 03, 2017

Okay, you may have unleashed the beast here...I have been a writing fool ,songwriting that is, five in the past three days and plan to keep up the pace as much as I can.  One of the exercises I do to keep my 'chops up' is called object writing, it's a very cool exercise where you take one word or phrase a day, (I use a website that generates them) and set your timer for ten minutes and just write- using your senses but really stream of consciousness whatever comes into your head from that prompt.  I tend to stray off topic but I have so much fun with it and it's just ten minutes.  I have been doing it the past month now, after trying it a year ago or so then getting side tracked.  Here is today's word and my ten minute writing session, I kind of liked where it when on it's meandering-

2/3/17 antlers
Crown of some creatures of the forest.  Beginning as nubs sprouting on the heads of young bucks and does, requiring a personal regime of maintenance driven by necessity and well being.
The smell of spring, sweet blossom smell wafting by on a soft breeze that plays against your skin, a feather tickling then pulling away. Green, green everywhere, foliage joyous in its rebirth reaching upward to the newly warming sun from it’s rooted grounding.  You can hear the happy rustling of the leaves, the playful wind laughing and hiding and then blowing by again.  I feel peaceful when in the forest, I love to walk alone and contemplate, examine the landscape and creatures within, the rocks and earthen forms, the humus and rotting wood creating Earth’s artwork, beautiful in and of itself for visual interest, having lived a productive life and being time-worn and aging naturally, to be returned to dust and the earth as it should be.  Ashes to ashes.  The majestic creatures in the forest that bear antlers can attest to this truth and beauty, never needing to read facebook, check their email or make sure their phone messages have been answered.  They bear their crown and its responsibilities with a noble nonchalance and reserve, bold yet humble and crafty, with their own social network and engagement tactics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home