Friday, February 03, 2017

Run Alice Run

So since I literally have no friends here in San Antonio I have had to come up with new hobbies or activities to pursue so that I don't completely lose my mind. I decided months ago that I will be participating in my first 5k run this year. If I enjoy it and don't die doing it, it might become "a thing" of mine. I have also decided that I will do my best to only join a 5k that contributes to charity (hopefully something I am passionate about).

Ever since I have brought this up to my husband, he now wants to participate in not only the 5k as well, but also a triathlon. Of course he is much more athletic than me naturally. He used to be a swimmer and went so far as to try out for the Olympics. All of this comes quite quickly to him so it's going to be a walk in the park so to speak. However, this does NOT come naturally to me. I grew up with asthma and didn't even learn how to swim until I was like 10 years old. I did however play soccer and was pretty good at that, but that is truly the extent of my athleticism. I guess what I am getting at is this has been quite the challenge for me training thus far. My asthma has really flared up since moving to Texas and I honestly just suck at cardio. But I am determined. At least to do it once. To say I did it. And to kinda prove my husband and show him that I can do it. Because at this point I think he thinks I will fail miserably.

The 5k run I will be participating in is in March so I better get my ass in gear. So far I have only been able to run for 2.5 miles in 25 minutes with a one minute break at the half mark. I gotta get better. I can do it!


2 Comments:

Blogger Mishy said...

I love running but have gotten to the point where the most I "run" is a very slow jog for a block or two on my walk (1.5 miles 4-6x week. I did a 10k once, years ago with my ex husband, it was fun. Any activity that helps you feel better in more than one way is aok with me :)

6:23 AM  
Blogger AliceInWonderland said...

Oh man I'd love to do a 10k one day! Just got to work my way up to it.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home