Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tata's Chinese Noodle Soup

This is a recipe I got from my dad. His still tastes better no matter what I do and I have altered the ingredients slightly but it still pretty damn good.

Serves4-6 depending on how hungry you are

1 Bunch Green onions - Chopped with greens

1 Porkchop - I prefer Butterfly porkchops

8 Cups Water & Bullion Cubes
or 8 Cups Chicken or Beef Broth - Depending on the mood you are in but the original was chicken

1 Large Portabello mushroom sliced into small pieces - Approx 1 cup if you are using other types of mushrooms

Chinese noodles - (Father sent me from Phx - Nanka Seimen Chow main Moodles - But cellaphane noodles or even Spaghetti can be used even though its just not the same so check out the chinese section of the store first.)

4-8 Hardboiled Eggs

Optional - La Choy Soy Sauce - Brand Specific

Instrux
Boil water or broth whichever you are using with porkchop, Mushrooms and 1/2 the green onions for about 30-45 minutes.

Remove porkchop and slice into small pieces - Return to soup

Salt and pepper to taste

Put a small handfull of noodles into soup be careful not to get to many or the soup will disappear and you will just have juicy noodles

Cook until noodles are soft

Serve with a garnish of hardboiled eggs and green onions

Sprinkle with La Choy Soy sauce if desired

Salt and pepper to taste

*******Optional ingredients**************
Water chestnuts, Broccolli, Bamboo Shoots, Red or Yellow Peppers
Shrimp, chicken or beef

Varieties are endless but I usually stick with the basics because it is the simplicity of the soup that makes it so good

1 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

I added the water chestnuts and the bamboo shoots. It came out great. I used a package of thin chinese noodles that I bought at Sun Harvest . I should have only used a half a package as I thought that there were way to many noodles in the soup. It was even good left over. The chinese noodles did not get too mushy.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home