Monday, April 10, 2006

Irrational Thoughts

Got my phone bill today and plastered across the front was AT&T in giant blue letters and my first thought was I don't use AT&t. I use SBC, which I admit hasn't impressed me much except for their repair guys. However my dislike of them is nothing like the visceral wrench my stomach had when reading the AT&T on the envelope of that bill. Within the next 2 weeks I will most likely rid myself of them completely. My company offers really good DSL which I can leech for free, with their already given permission. They told us we could when we opened I was just to lazy to set up the wireless network but odds are good it will be done this week. And I have a cell phone and Yahoo so that land line isn't really needed either.

You may wonder what AT&T ever did to me to cause such hatred on my part but the truth is, Nothing. My mother has always used AT&T and been very happy. The breakup of the phone company happened during my teen years and for a time before that there were all the stories of how rotten AT&T was to their customers but since SBC actually bought AT&T and not the other way around it really shouldn't bother me, though it is a little strange seeing as how SBC was one of the break apart companies when the whole thing dissolved. Must have a feather in their cap to buy the old giant. But why did they have to go and change their name. Now I have to change phone companies.

I know this doesn't make sense, not even to me but there it is they will lose my 70.00 a month just because it turns my stomach to think of paying them.

Luckily I may have a valid excuse.

ABC 4 - Ovary Removal Dementia Risk

And I think I will claim it since I lost my ovary at 19. However with my mood swings
my husband is pretty sure there is still enough estrogen running through my system or maybe that's just the dementia setting in slowly

At any rate I still hate AT&T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home