Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Twisted sister (in-law)

I am suppose to go and help my sister in law today with tax preperation, and am also suppose to learn how she runs her business so that I can help her occasionally. Apparently I made plans to do this last week although I have no recollection of it. I vaguely remember giving her my schedule a few minutes after I recieved it and that's about all. I am rather forgetful at times, but I don't really believe that any firm plans were made as I am somewhat reliable and feel that I would have at least tried to remember it. I am looking forward to this about as much as I look forward to going to the dentist and that is just slightly a little more than I look forward to the annual pap smear.

Reasons why I don't want to do this

Her house smells like smoke.

And not the kind of smoke where you walk into someones house and you note to yourself, oh they smoke. I mean going into her house is a whole new adventure in breathing. Please keep in mind that I worked in a bar and the smokiness was never an issue, just had to wash my hair twice each night that I worked. A sticky layer of nicotine envelopes the house and transfers onto your clothing.

She talks incessantly about things such as an ex-boyfriends ex-girlfriend and how she thinks that they should run their life. Like I care. Like she should care. She is the kind of person where you can have an hour long conversation and you will get about two words in, and she is offended if your attention drifts, and mine often does. If I laugh at innapropriate times as I do often she makes this face like a combination of shock and horror. Not to be confused with shock and awe. Instead of enjoying the fact that I was the cause of this expression I always end up feeling guilty and wishing I could control these fits of laughter. Maybe I have a mild form of tourette's syndrome. I think I'm going start cussing random assholes out and then blame it on my tourette's.

Well, It was not so bad just some data entry and alot of listening to some of the aforementioned tribulations. I love this woman because she is my husbands sister and she also has some endearing quality's what exactly they are I have not figured out yet but I am positive that she has them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home