Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mo Fun At Mo Ranch and NO FUN@MO RANCH

Transcribed from writing on a Mo Ranch campground map and the actual wrapper off of a roll of Eco Soft 100% recycled paper toilet. Could only be more environmentally friendly if I wiped my ass with my actual writing and then fed it to husband. More on that later, I'll start with someone must have put love in my bottled water stuff.

MO FUN
It is strange that you never really know when the mood to write will spark inside you. I have not picked up a pen in for any creative purpose in such a long time, or it seems that way at least. I have grown accustomed to typing on the computer, and lately I have not been putting forth the required amount of effort it would take to produce anything by that medium as well ( or would that be media)
I was lying in my bunk with Ranger asleep at my side. Listening to the wild night sounds and experiencing the cool breeze. Suddenly I craved a pen and paper, like the way I some times crave chocolate. I began to think of the many reasons why I should not or could not write. No pen or paper, no light. But in th eend here I am with pen in hand.
Being here feels right to me. Surrounded by trees, simplicity. I could stay here in this little wood cabin, with the hard mattress, concrete floor, and trek to the shower. It would be heaven. My face looks good with sun on it. My hair windblown, it suits me. I feel so beautiful.
The cabin was extremely dusty and their were cobwebs everywhere. I remembered it being so clean the last time we were here. Then I remembered that Cristal had arrived much earlier than we had and I could picture her making everything perfect. I also missed the picnic table that I'm sure she must have brought inside. I wonder how she accomplished such a feat as those tables are quite heavy. I'm sure she told me at the time but I do not remember now.
I miss Cristal. While I have learned and lived and loved the last two years I don't think that life has been as kind to her and it is a painful watch someone lose themself as they are trying to find themselves again. Where as I was never anyone in particular to begin with I have grown content with simply being and learning that I am free. She deserves so much to be loved and treasured and she settles for so much less and I know that it is none of my concern but what it may all boil down to is fear. So I have been missing you my friend, purposely putting no effort into our relationship for no very good reason but that it hurts to love you.
Kelly, how I love that grumpy stupid man. He has no patience for me. ZERO, none. I know that he adores me, I feel it. I know him more and more each day. It is no easy feat to love me. Strike that, easy to love hard to live with.
The boys are in their element with nothing but logs and rocks to play with and the river to swim in. Lindy discovered bats, and I got some great pictures. I stood on top of a picnic table to get it. The whole time Lindy and I were being enamored by the bats Kelly was trying to rush us to the rapids but I paid him no mind. I think that is the secret to our marital bliss. I am learning when to pay him no mind. The shallow rapid flowing river water was cool and clean. Ranger enjoyed it like no one else. This is the first year that Ranger really has been able to fully enjoy the river. He really dug looking down into the clear water and seeing all the little fish, it just knocked him out. I still find it pretty amazing myself but he expresses he glee far better than I. He swims by himself with his water wings, he is relatively fearless.
I had an awesome shower this morning. I woke up feeling a littled chilled and with a stuffy nose from all the dust. It was about 6:30, I was the first one up and decided that I would shower. My nephew Stefan and Kelly awoke briefly to ask what I was doing and then declared me insane. The first shower that I turned on was mostly cold so I turned it off and decided that the second shower I tried would be mostly hot, and it was. It had this diffusing shower head that seemed to push out comfortably hot steam. It was by far the best shower that I have experienced in my entire life.

NO FUN

I'll get to the no fun later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home