Friday, June 15, 2007

fostering kittens

Well...had a stray get knocked up by a neighborhood ruffian cat...she was too young and appears to have bailed on her kittens...so we are forced to try to nurse these little'ns (like 3 days old now I guess....sigh)....I looked up a couple sites, and we got some kitten formula, going shopping for baby bottles in a bit here. One looked pretty far gone but hopefully we have revived him enough to try to hang on. One of my homeschool mom's had put in her name for one earlier, so when she came today, I asked her if she wanted it NOW, with the understanding it required 24 hour nursing for awhile.... She told me her husband grew up in a zoo....so they ended up taking one and may even take a second, if theirs seems lonely. Meanwhile we have four here and have got them eating from eye droppers...but need to get the bottle thing going cause they are HONGRY! I will get some pics in a bit...here's some poor images of mama and the original six (runt died the second day)
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com/liniakits.jpg
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com/kitssix.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home