Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bla for B


Unless we are facing a terminal diagnosis most people (myself included) take life for granted. We always think that there will be more time to do the things we love, be with the ones we love or finally visit that exotic location. I think that the very young are much better at living in the moment. When I was a child it seemed as though summer was so much longer and sweeter. It is probably the lack of responsibility that allow children to be children. It could be that in order to cope with our ever growing responsibilities we rationally decide that we have a lifetime ahead of us. We roll with it, and sometimes life rolls past us. We get to be a certain age and we realize that we haven't done a fraction of what we dreamt we do. At that point we either sigh and let go or kick it into high gear and make it happen. People are always saying that you have the rest of your life ahead of you, which is funny because the rest of your life could consist of the next 5 minutes before all the double cheeseburgers you ate catch up with your arteries and block blood flow to your heart,bringing on that fatal heart attack. The rest of your life could be a day, a week or a few years. We just never know.
I am not very good at living in the moment. This is something that I am working on. I cradle my youngest son like he is six week old rather than six years. I play in the rain. I repeatedly laugh at my own stupid jokes. I enjoy watching my daughter try on every dress in the store. When I make a wrong turn I always assume it is because there is something that God wants to show me.
There are things that I do wrong. I take people for granted, I don't communicate enough at times but I hope they know that they are loved and cherished even if I don't always show it. I try to learn something from everyone.

Things I've learned from Brandy

To have an opinion and feel free to express it.

Speak up for myself.

Development of my inner bitch (ok Yang gets credit for this one too).

That you don't have to be good at something you only need to enjoy doing it.

Martyrdom is just another word for stupid.

To invest in hopeless cases because what you do for them could be the only thing that may effect them enough to change their life.

All men are dumb
( Well,I actually already knew this but she helped reinforce the belief)

Fixing computers isn't really that hard I am just super lazy.

It's fun to shock people.

Buy yourself toys. (No not that kind)


I don't like to think about death. I know it's part of life, and I accept it. I don't fear it but I don't welcome it either. I am not particularly good with loss, it feels hollow and it lingers for me. I am prone to melancholy. I know the earth will keep spinning without you but I would rather you spin with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Thank you - you made me cry and I love you for it.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Yang said...

Hell, she made me cry and I'm a cold hearted mean ass bitch.

7:44 AM  
Blogger AliceInWonderland said...

Really love this. I completely agree with you about everything and I am trying my best now for the new year to live in the moments and really cherish everything.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home