Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I haven't disappeared, My son took over my office for the week and I never got to the computer. I had forgotten how exhausting having kids around can be and they are full grown . Not sure how I survived their childhood. Dona - The pictures are beautiful and I will just have to come and visit on vacation. If you buy a farm there I will still have someplace to come and live when I get old. Maybe I will have Sundays off by the time you get here so that I can come down to SA to see you.
Enjoying the last few days of no children again. Sex is much better after they move away from home. Joshua went home Sunday. I miss him but after 4 years of living somewhere else he is definitely his own man and not mom's little boy anymore. Still nuts for anything with a motor. Went go Carting and took him to the bar to play pool. Being in the bar with his parents was a first for him and he was cute about it. Both of them have grown up well and I am very proud of them. On the baby front, Daughter had her first appointment with a real doctor today. It is amazing all the tests they put people through now a days. I understand that medical malpractice causes it and I wonder if we don't ultimately cause ourselves more pain by requiring doctors to be perfect. All I know is that when I was pregnant it wasn't' such a hassle. And it was much cheaper. After going through it with her today I once again think Mishy is right and if I ever had another child (God Forbid) I would have it at home like she did. At any rate the doctor was nice and the service exceptional. Actually made it to an examining room before the appointment time. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time today. A very strange experience seeing it from the other side. It seems like such a short time ago I was holding April in my arms and now it will be her daughter I will be holding. Very very weird. And in some ways enlightening. I feel the same watching my son with his girlfriend. Young romance looks so bizarre seen through the lens of a 22 year marriage. I just hope I wasn't that whiney, though I probably had my moments.

Just for the record I am officially calling this one a girl. Her name will be Emily Marie and she will be welcomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home