Sunday, January 17, 2010

The miracle drug or not?

I was diagnosed with insomnia after I got the divorce. Its strange since you would think that getting the divorce would actually make me sleep better at night. I finally decided to do something about it a year later. After the failure with Lunesta, my doctor prescribed Ambien. I was immediately hooked. No more restless nights of tossing and turning! No more taking Benadryl to try and sleep for just a measly couple of hours. I was finally functioning properly in my day to day life. Could this be a miracle drug? Perhaps...... Or maybe it was something I used to escape my day to day struggles. I found myself taking the pill whenever I was upset. I would take it if I got in an argument with my mom. I would pop one if I couldn't stop thinking about the mistakes I had made in my life. I would even swallow one before I went to work to cope with co workers who seemed like they did not understand me. This went on for awhile. About three years actually. I can now say that I am not taking Ambien anymore. Not even for my insomnia that I still deal with. I am finally learning how to interract with people. I am learning how to speak up for myself instead of getting angry and hiding. I am finally growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home