Monday, January 18, 2010

Father Issues

I haven't talked to my dad in about six months. And frankly I haven't felt the urge to contact him either. We were never close to begin with and I have always accepted that. Well after 6 months of not speaking, he emails me out of the blue and asks for my address. Did I write him back? Nope. Because I would rather not talk to him at all then have these awkward conversations on the phone every six months. I thought he would get the picture, but surprisingly he called me a day later after the email was sent. He ended the phone call with, "Call me back when you have time." I was livid to say the least. Make time for him? Why would I make time for him when he never made time for me? What exactly did he want to talk to me about? Why would he think that calling every six months would somehow keep our relationship intact? All it did was confuse and frustrate me even more! Needless to say, I never did call him back and hopefully he got the message this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home