Thursday, January 21, 2010

High Expectations

I am starting to discover that my expectations of people are way too high. As I grow older, I grow more and more picky. Even the smallest of things are unacceptable.
Such as, not tipping a server enough when the service is satifactory, not cleaning and then constantly whining about the fact that you need to clean or maybe just not cleaning in general, not keeping track of time, going the long way home just to "enjoy the scenic route", being lazy frequently, saying your going to do something and you never do it or you need constant reminding to do it, being late, etc.
If they have had a habit of doing any of these things then I believe they will continue. Im trying to think if these are things that are important enough to bring up to the people who do them or if I should just shut my mouth until I cant take it anymore. I know I will eventually get fed up. Its just a matter of time now. Maybe I just need to be more honest and say something like, "Look we went out to dinner. The dinner was $60 and the service was good, but instead of tipping her $12 (20%) you decided to tip her a measly $4 (around 6%). Whats up with that?" Or, "You know you keep on whining about your house being dirty, but then you do nothing about it so why dont you get up and actually do something about it? I understand your tired and we all are, but you need to take care of your responsibilities." Or, "Oh your going to do that tomorrow, like you have been saying for the past how many months?"
Any advice?

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

You are going to hate me. I do all of that except the tipping I always tip well and I am always nice to customer service people. But I am hopelessly lazy, always late. Housework is something for husbands and children. Would have to say I have incomplete craft project older than you. My favorite t-shirt is Genius by birth slacker by choice. People who visit me generally sleep at my house we are so boring. But they go home refreshed and relaxed.

Maybe you just dislike stupid people the world is full of them. They have some of these same traits with a trace of meanness and an expectation that everyone should do things for them, feel sorry for them listen to them whine. Depending on how interesting their life is even they can be fun to listen to. Personally I want the phaser from star trek. Or I like imagining them going down the street and their head just blowing up into big balloons and popping off flying away into the atmosphere. Their bodies magically disappear so there is no mess.

Where as I am a happy hardworking non whiny slacker so maybe you will like me in the end. If not you will visit and go home rested or if I get lucky you will clean my house.

Remember the following things to keep you from doing something you may regret.

If you do what your thinking, they will arrest you.
*******
Killing people is easy, Its letting them live thats sooooo very hard.
*******
Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.


glad to have ya on the blog

10:56 PM  
Blogger AliceInWonderland said...

So I have decided that I am just going to confront the situation. Im kinda nervous to tell these people how I feel, but I am sure once I have I will feel so much better and so irritated and stressed out all the time

8:58 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Confrontation is good but conversation is better. You have to remember that again the only life you can control is your own. Not other peoples now you are welcome to say you don't want to listen any whining or or find something else to do in a situation you want to avoid but you can't change anyone and you really shouldn't care or want to. Only you can make yourself happy and only you can let other people piss you off. You are the one deciding to be mad at any given thing no one has the power to make you mad unless you let them and believe me its not worth letting them much easier to just be happy and ignore the dirt. Curious as to why if you thought hte tip was too low you didn't add your own money to the pot which is what I do when I feel that way.

Good luck on your talk

6:18 PM  
Blogger AliceInWonderland said...

I was definately thinking of helping with the tip but I did not have any cash with me. I worked it out with the person and just told them that if they needed me to help with the bill to just let me know. Simple as that. I honestly feel so relieved

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home