Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's time for whine....

K asked me to join him in the office while he finished up a few tasks. He is returning to his job this morning. Just to make converstaion, I said "So are you ready to party when you get home?" He seemed confused so I reminded him that his birthday is a few days away and that Valentine's day will come shortly after his return. He then asks if I think that perhaps we have done enough partying. The sting of money spent on Christmas is fresh for him. Although I am happy to report that only cash was spent and everything was well within budget. He doesn't really look up from the comp but he can sense my annoyance so he says well if it is a cheap party. This is the part where most normal humans might discuss a low budget outing such as a picnic or perhaps just some time away from the kids. Of course the thought of a gift for anyone just reminds my love of any unneccasary money that I may have spent recently. I guess all that he could think of was that I bought L a pair of pants at Walmart yesterday. He actually asked me if she really needed them. I said yes and this should have sufficed but then he asked me why. I really wanted to slap him up side the head at this point. Her bio dad does give us 800 dollars a month for L and her brother. Who gives a fuck rather I buy her a 16 dollar pair of Walmart pants rather she needs them or not. Which by the way she did need. Initially I responded by saying, she has very few pairs that she wears to school and they need replacing. Since K has done every bit of the laundry while he has been home he uses his new found clothing degree to declare that she has plenty of clothes. I then politely said that perhaps she needs to go through them and get rid of anything that is too tight etc. I think he actually questioned me further so I being at the end of my rope sternly but fcatually informed him that it is rude to question me about one pair of jeans for a 13 year old girl, don't do it again. I told him that I do very well with his money and with her Dad's money also for that matter. Which was my way of saying stop being such a frugal bastard her Dad pays for her shit too for Christ sake! I am a very petty person, I am so petty that I think that the first thing that I am going to do when I hear his car pull out of the driveway is go spend some money.

3 Comments:

Blogger AliceInWonderland said...

Its amazing how the topic of money can turn people cranky almost immediately. I totally understand where you are coming from. And I think its funny that you got the urge to spend money just because he questioned you buying the pants for your daughter. So spightful!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Well I should be going to Houston about the same time he comes home You can spend your bday with me in a luxury condo. It might be more fun and I say spend the whole 800

8:25 PM  
Blogger Yang said...

It's K's birthday, not Ying's, but to me that means spend twice as much. But then, I'm a bad influence.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home