Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Donors and Vampires

I have been both donor and vampire though not to the same extent as B. Blood donors may have saved my sons life. I was 5 months pregnant with Lil K when I went into labor. I was so anemic that he decided that he should jump ship, take his chances in the outside world. Dr. Chen my Hematologist decided to transfuse me and after the first unit of blood went in the contractions stopped. I have both taken and given the elixir of life. Most recently a week ago. I did feel a bit like a vampire.
I haven't been a very good blood donor, I have tended to be a little anemic from time to time so on average I have donated no more than once a year. Some day when I am healthy enough I would like to donate on a very regular basis.
I hope that B's donor says yes. I know that B doesn't go much for the prayer thing but please God sway her donors heart and help them to follow through with what I know they already want to do.
The ability to help another human being truly is a gift. I know this for a fact.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Donor said yes and I pray all the time for all sorts of things and carry on running conversations with God. It the organized church thing I don't do

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home